Saturday, April 4, 2009


Dan and I have spent the greater part of four months in Long Beach. It has been difficult but it has been a growth period too. Coming back to California to "live" has been fraught with trouble, problems, and just plain "no progress".

Well, that is what I thought but we took a couple of vacations from Long Beach to, first, Evan's apartment in LA and then a shorter one to San Clemente at a beach apartment. Both gave us time to think, and time to really look at what we are doing.

I realized that this visit is kind of a reach and withdraw, a chance to come up close to the horse that threw you but not get on yet. We are going back to Michigan and will come out again when the Evan and Clara's baby is due. I know that then we'll be ready to get back on the horse.

We are feeling strong and good and things are moving in the right direction. It is the right thing to do. Now I can't wait to get back and work and enjoy the clean Northern Michigan air and space, lots of space!

Those gulls, the crazy beautiful gulls are all there because someone was feeding them. I watched as more and more came. People are probably the same way.

No comments: