Friday, January 18, 2008

2008 and life in the far North


Here it is, 2008, an election year. We get to decide who will be president. Of course, 'we' don't really decide. The game is rigged and political parties and candidates are playing a game of Risk. I remember crying when I played with my sons and husband because they were so ruthless and cruel (or so it seemed to me). That is how I see these campaignes. The person who can seem the nicest and most honest (despite how his henchmen lie and scheme) will be our winner. I'm a cynic about our political system. The media perpetuates it all. I have noticed they barely mention Ron Paul even though he has consistently beat out Guiliani in the primaries! It is not the way it's supposed to be. Money and dirty tricks, lies and cheating buy you the Presidency of the United States. Is it any wonder that we have the kind of people we do in the top eschelons of our government?

As for me, I remain interested and my 'glass is half full' side still hopes.

I start a new job this coming Wednesday. I hope it works out. I continue to do more photos and am working to get some things together to show.

No comments: